I have been a Disney fan for as long as I can remember. From my first visit when I was just 3 years old, I was hooked on the magic. I’ve always been proud of my ‘addiction to Disney’ and made sure everyone knew about it! Friends and family were always sending people to me that needed help planning their Disney vacation. I would spend time helping them navigate their options and then I would direct them to Disney.com to book their resort and tickets. The conversations always ended with “why can’t you just book it for me?”.
Years ago I started to really think about it, why couldn’t I book it for them? I was on a mission – I needed to find a travel agency that would support my love of Disney. I studied hard, got my TICO certificate and joined a small travel agency in Markham, Ontario as their ‘Disney specialist’. I enjoyed working for that agency – but even with all of my years of knowledge – there were questions that I didn’t have answers to. Since I was the only Disney person there, I had no one to turn to for help and I started to feel like I wasn’t doing the best I could for my clients. I struggled with that because as nice as they were at the agency – they really didn’t ‘get me’. They didn’t understand what went in to planning a great Disney vacation. Then I realized, it was because they didn’t love it like I did.
I decided I had to look for an agency that loved Disney as much as I did. I had a few conversations with different owners, but they never made me feel like they shared my passion, it was all about sales. Then, I met Carolyn….
It started out with an email to Pure Magic Vacations when I saw on the website they were looking for agents. The website made it look like they were Disney fanatics like me, but I had seen that before and was skeptical. After a couple of email exchanges, I got the chance to talk to Carolyn (the owner) on the phone. While she was interviewing me, I was also interviewing her too – I didn’t want an agency that was all about selling, I wanted one that was really invested in helping others experience the magic of Disney. I had to find someone who loved it like I did, I couldn’t be the only one? It wasn’t long in to our conversation before I realized that Carolyn was as big of a Disney fanatic as I was! I was so excited when she invited me to join her team.
Since joining the team, I feel like I have found my ‘home’. There are so many things that make Pure Magic Vacations the agency for me:
- I have never felt pressure to ‘sell at all costs’. The goal really is to help our clients make the most of their vacations.
- I have always had support, day or night. The whole agency is at my disposal if I have a question or need help.
- We have had training in Walt Disney World specifically arranged for us! This gave us a chance to really bond as a team and experience the parks in a different way than we do with our families.
- The clients come first – if you’re ever too busy to reply to a client quickly – someone else is always there to lend a hand.
- The entire team is made up of Disney fanatics who visit Disney destinations every chance they get!
- We are encouraged to share our ideas, knowledge and experiences to build the best team in the business.
It has been almost 4 years since I sent that first email to Carolyn and I am thankful that I found a Disney family at Pure Magic Vacations. I have made some wonderful friends who continue to support and inspire me every day.
Our passion for Disney brought us together, our commitment to Pure Magic Vacations has made us #PMVfamily.